Ground rules will differ for every Goal programme site, but here are a few to get you started.
Below are some examples of ground rules that are generally useful in promoting respectful discussion:
- Listen carefully to what others say.
- Do not interrupt when someone is speaking.
- What is discussed during group sessions should not be talked about outside the group.
- Clarify any questions or doubts as soon as you can.
- Be punctual.
- Respect differing opinions.
- Do not laugh or make fun of other girls’ comments or experiences.
- Switch off mobile phones.