TIPS ON NON-VERBAL COMMUNICATION
- Body language, facial expressions and voice intonation often hold more meaning than words.
- A lot of what we communicate to others is done non-verbally.
SOME GOOD WAYS TO COMMUNICATE ARE:
- Look into a person’s eyes when talking to her or him.
- Use vocal variety. Changes in your pitch, rate, volume and quality show others you are engaged in conversations with them.
- Make sure your face is expressive and shows the emotions you want to communicate.
- Lean forward when talking to someone because this indicates that you want to talk to them.
- Avoid saying ‘uh’, ‘ah’, etc. too much.
- Avoid speaking too quickly or too slowly.
- Avoid excessive hand movements while speaking.