- This activity will require several weeks of advance planning, and you should discuss this with your programme coordinator. You will need time to get consent, organize transport and create an agenda. Standard Chartered staff will need time to plan and organize a visit, and make sure enough people are available to show the girls around the bank.
- You may also want to organize a shorter visit to a local bank. Prepare in advance with the bank manager.
- Consent Forms
Two Hours to Half a Day depending on distance to branch
- To see first hand how a bank works.
- To interact with Standard Chartered staff.
1. Before your bank visit, prepare the girlswith questions they may want to ask:
- How old do I have to be to open a bank account?
- How much money do I need to open a savings account?
- What are the monthly fees charged on the account?
- What are the charges for deposits and withdrawals?
- Can you avoid paying these fees?
- What is the minimum amount I can deposit?
- Can I withdraw my money at any time?
- How do I keep track of my deposits, withdrawals and balance?
- What happens if I lose my passbook?
2. Assign roles to girls for the visit:
- Who will ask questions?
- Who will take notes?
- Who will thank the banker at the end of the visit?